Despite me having lived in Denmark pretty much all of my life, I really haven’t written that many posts about places to see and things to do if you’re visiting. And that is actually quite a shame, since it’s such an awesome country, and the rest of the world also seems to have noticed that now. So here’s my first actual guide to Denmark and my top 10 of things you have to do if you visit our beautiful capital for the first time.
Although February and winter is one of my favorite times of the year, it’s still hard not to daydream about sunny paradise islands with golden beaches. For this Wanderlust Wednesday I’m sharing 6 destinations where I wouldn’t mind spending the whole day soaking up the sun on a sandy beach or by the pool.
The Tanzanian islands is an amazing tropical paradise, which is a favorite of many European countries. The weather here is incredibly reliable and the vibe is super exotic and relaxed.
Today's Valentine’s Day and whether you’re single or not, it’s hard not to get into the spirit of love with all the hearts in the stores, valentine’s makeup looks on youtube and gift guides all over blog land. So why not top it off with a post on the most romantic places to spend Valentine’s Day?
Winter is upon us! And whether you’re living somewhere snowy and mountainous or somewhere as flat and gray as Amsterdam, it might soon be time for you to hit the slopes. As we all know, the crispy winter cold ain’t really the best for our skin. It gets dry, irritated and super sensitive. But there’s hope ahead! With the right products in your toiletbag you might actually return from your skiing trip without the chapped lips and only with the glow that your skin gets from being outside.
As you already know, in November I spent a couple of days visiting Morocco with 9 other bloggers. Having been back in Denmark for a while now, I feel like I’ve had enough time to really absorb all the experiences and impressions for my to put everything into words. First of all, I would like to mention that it has taken me loads of consideration to actually publish this post. Some of you might consider me as a bitch after reading this, but hopefully many of you will actually relate to what I have to say.
One of the highlights of our trip to Brussels last year has to be our hunt for the comic strip murals. Belgium is known for their chocolate, their fries, their beer, the UN and the Grand Place, but honestly the one thing that makes Brussels stand out from all the other European capitals, has to be its comic strip herritage, and all over town you'll find murals that serve as a tribute to its world famous artists and authors. Sometimes the murals are very obvious, while other times they'll be like a hidden secret, which brings a very special character to the city. We cannot recommend enough that you take a tour of the city and try to spot at many as possible!
It's February 3rd and that calls for yet another monthly roundup of my time in Amsterdam. Last month I decided to skip the roundup for the sixth month in Amsterdam, since it collided with the yearly roundups, which basically covered everything that there was to say. So here's what I've been up to in month 7:
It's been quite some time since last time I did a beauty post, but since I'm trying to bring back the beauty section on the blog, I thought the best way to do that would be through my monthly makeup medley. So here's what I will be wearing for the month of February!
Happy hump day everyone! And happy February! What better way to start a new month than with a little bit of wanderlust inspiration? We don’t have too much planned for this month other than a brief weekend trip to Ghent in Belgium followed by a visit of my parents for my birthday. If you still don’t know where to go this month, here’s a little bit of inspiration:
Winter is hands down my favorite season of the year. Not only because my birthday is during winter, but especially because winter seems to turn even the dullest places into the most amazing winter wonderlands. Although we have seen snow here In Amsterdam twice this year, it doesn’t wanna stay on the ground, so I cannot help myself from daydreaming about distant winter destinations. Here are my favorites from around the globe!
The Finnish Lapland is gorgeous all year round, but especially in the winter time. Although you don't get to see much of the daylight, this is the best time and one of the best places to experience the Northern Lights. On top of that, the nature is gorgeous, you'll get a chance to meet a reindeer, and you could even stay in an igloo for the night.
- See the Northern Lights
- Feed reindeers in the Finnish Lapland
- See the Berlin Wall, Germany
- Go dog sledding in Greenland
Stand on the edge of Preikestolen in Norway[How to climb Pulpit Rock] [Watch me climb Preikestolen]
- Explore the ruins of Pompeii, Italy
Go for a swim in the Mediterranean Sea[Summer in Nice]
- Walk through the streets of the Old Town in Krakow, Poland
- Experience the night life in London, England
- Walk through the streets of Prague
- Drive through the Highlands of Scotland
See the Statue of David in Florence, Italy[24 hours in Florence]
- Cruise the fjords of Norway
- Go island hopping in Greece
- See the Matterhorn, Switzerland
See Mona Lisa in Louvre, France
- See the Colosseum in Rome, Italy
- Drink a Guinness in Dublin, Ireland
Meet Minnie and Mickey in Disneyland Paris, France
- See the castles in Budapest
- Go to Oktoberfest in Germany
Eat pasta and pizza in Italy[24 hours in Florence] Bike in the streets of Copenhagen, Denmark[Scandi adventures with an American]
- Explore Cinque Terre, Italy
- Hike through Tyrol, Austria
- Watch Paris from above at the Eiffel Tower, France
Bike along the canals of Amsterdam, Netherlands[Living in Amsterdam]
- Visit Barcelona's La Sagrada Família, Spain
- Sail in the Bay of Kotor, Montenegro
Drink beer in Belgium[24 hours in Brussels]
- Admire the architecture in St. Petersburg, Russia
- Experience a classical concert in Vienna, Austria
- Visit Dracula's Castle in Romania
- Experience the balloon festival in Cappadocia, Turkey
- See Acropolis in Athens, Greece
Visit the Anne Frank House, Netherlands[Living in Amsterdam]
- Explore the castles of Germany
Go on a gondola ride in Venice, Italy[Beautiful Venice]
- Walk on the city walls of Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Walk through the Ottoman quarter in Mostar, Bosnia & Hercegovina
Pose in front of the leaning tower in Pisa[Tourist traps in Pisa]
- Have a tomato fight in Spain
- Roadtrip Iceland
- See the tulips bloom in Netherlands
- Watch through the Old Town of Tallinn, Estonia
Ski in the French Alps[Visiting Ollie in Grenoble]
- Ride the trams of Lisbon, Portugal
- Explore the Sami culture in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden
Did we forget any places in our bucket list? Leave your additions below!
*This post is sponsored by Stena Line
Many people assume that since I choose to live abroad and travel loads, I must not like my home country Denmark. But they couldn't be more wrong. Of all the places I've been to, Denmark and the rest of Scandinavia still remains my favorite places on the planet. If you still haven't been to Scandinavia and are wondering whether it should be on your bucket list or not, then give me this chance to convince you.
We have some pretty awesome landscapes, such as in the Swedish Lapland
I'm Cammi - a 20-something Danish girl living in Amsterdam. I'm passionate about finding new and unique ways to explore our beautiful world, and have a makeup collection bigger than I'd like to admit.
One of the highlights of our trip to Brussels last year has to be our hunt for the comic strip murals. Belgium is known for their chocol...
From breathtaking nature and magnificent castles, to adorable old cities and amazing beaches – Europe simply has it all! The past few year...
*This post is sponsored by Stena Line Many people assume that since I choose to live abroad and travel loads, I must not like my home c...
- 10 THINGS TO DO IN COPENHAGEN
- 6 WARM PLACES TO ESCAPE TO IN WINTER
- 25 TRAVEL EXPERIENCES YOU SHOULD HAVE BEFORE YOU T...
- 5 ROMANTIC PLACES TO SPEND VALENTINE'S DAY
- THE BEST SKINCARE PRODUCTS FOR SKIING
- MOROCCAN MEMORIES: THOUGHTS FROM MY FIRST BLOGGER ...
- FIVE THINGS: PLANNING THE 2017 TRAVELS
- HUNTING COMIC STRIP MURALS IN BRUSSELS
- MONTHLY ROUNDUP // AMSTERDAM MONTH 7
- MAKEUP MEDLEY // FEBRUARY
- THE BEST PLACES TO GO THIS FEBRUARY
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (132)