Today it’s officially been two weeks since I arrived in Amsterdam, and since it’s been rather quiet here during those weeks, I thought I would give y’all a little roundup of what I’ve been up to in Amsterdam.
01. Late at night on July 3rd I arrived in Schiphol Airport with only enough clothes for a week and a sleeping bag. One month ago I had made a reservation at a hotel in central for the first few nights in the city. Luckily I only had to stay there one night!
02. The morning after I went to sign the contract and pick up the keys for what will be Olivier and my home here in Amsterdam.
03. The following two weeks I basically had a bunch of practical things to get done, getting a phone and internet plan, register at the city hall, obtain a BSN, sign up for health insurance, open a bank account, and of course get used to my new neighbourhood before work starts.
04. The first weekend my family arrived with a bunch of my things, and we did a few trips to IKEA to pick up the essentials for the apartment. There are still quite a few things missing – basically only the kitchen and the guest room / office are done, but we’re slowly getting there. While my parents went back to Denmark on Sunday the same weekend, my sister decided to stay the whole week, and explore my new home with me.
05. Tomorrow is my first day of work and I’m super excited for this new chapter to begin!
What have you all been up to the past few weeks?
Kunne du lide dagens indlæg? Så glem ikke at følg Cammi.DK på de sociale medier!
FØLG CAMMI.DK PÅ
2 svar til “FIVE THINGS: AMSTERDAM LIVING”
Dejligt at du har det godt og nyder Amsterdam:-)Held og lykke med starten på dit nye job i morgen.
this is so exciting! we want to see pics of your new home 😀
Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥